Indoor Mold Inspection and Removal Services
Whether you can spot it or not, there is a good chance mold is on your property. Mold is a part of nature, but the kind of mold that grows in your home or business is the real issue. Mold spores travel through the air and enter buildings through any opening, such as doors, windows and HVAC systems. Spores can also enter a residence on clothing, shoes, and pets. It can be virtually impossible for you to eliminate mold encountering your home. You should be concerned when mold begins growing in your home. Having an expert to turn to that can advise on the type of mold present is imperative. Add to that an expert that can devise the optimal way for treatment and execute the remediation process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional home and commercial abatement services for a variety of disasters, including mold.
Services for Indoor Mold Removal and Abatement
When you have Paul Davis inspect your commercial or residential property for mold, you have a licensed professional that is experienced in this field. The detection and identification of mold is the initial step in what can be an arduous project. When it comes to dealing with mold safely, your prime option is working with a company that specializes in all aspects relating to the process. We provide mold remediation and removal services as well basic mold testing. Mold will cause damage to your home and major health concerns for your family. Unlike most allergens, mold can adversely affect the health of any person regardless if they have allergies or not. Mold migrates through any surface it’s found in, meaning the longer it goes untreated in your home, the worse its effects are. Paul Davis can correctly identify the species of mold growing in your residence and effectively deal with treating it.
Properties of Mold
There are 3 general types of mold:
- Allergenic: These cause and produce allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: Molds that cause health problems in people that suffer from acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: Any mold that produces toxic microbes.
With the variety of molds that can reside in structures, having an expert to diagnosis and inspect the extent of their spread is key to eradicating it. A professional with Paul Davis will assist with making your residence healthy and free from the most dangerous molds.
A few common household molds are:
- Penicillium – A mold that most commonly feeds on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying textiles, carpets and fiberglass insulation. It causes hay-fever like reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm climate mold that thrives outdoors and indoors. Aspergillus can be discovered in areas of extreme dampness and extensive water damage, as well as decomposing organic matter. Aspergillus is also found inside of dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – This mold is often located in carpet, textiles, dust, window frames, showers and soil. This large spore mold takes traction in the respiratory tract, mouth and nose.
- Cladosporium – This is the most commonly identified outdoor mold which enters homes. It spreads in damp, porous surfaces such as textile and wood. Both the indoor and outdoor kinds trigger asthma attacks along with inducing hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – This particularly insidious mold that produces airborne toxins at a high level, luckily is the least common household mold. Stachybotrys requires excessive damp to thrive, and causes breathing problems, symptoms reminiscent of the flu, loss of hearing and memory, and bleeding lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold grown in areas of condensation such as cooling coils, humidifiers, drain pans, and window sealants. It is a powdery mold that thrives in a selection of colors like pink, white, grey or orange.
- Aureobasidium – Aureobasidium is most often found growing behind painted wood surfaces and wallpaper. It begins pink or light brown in color but deepens to dark brown-black as it ages. This highly allergic responsive mold is responsible for causing eye infections and skin rashes.
- Chaetomium – Chaetomium can be located in houses after flooding or leaking and in chronically wet conditions. It has a musty odor, cottony texture and changes colors from white to brown or grey as it ages. Chaetomium is known to produce mycotoxins that affect the immune system and cause nail and skin infections.
- Cladosporium – This unique mold thrives in warm and cold areas and migrates quickly on fabric, upholstery, under floorboards and in carpets. It has an adverse reaction with wet tissues in eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Capable of thriving and spreading in colder temperatures, this mold is pink or coral colored and is most commonly located in a home’s soft goods. A reddish variety is found in organic products like house plants, and both kinds can move quickly through a home. Symptoms from this mold begin as skin infections, sore throat and runny eyes and progresses to brain abscesses and bone infections.
- Trichoderma – Trichoderma is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. This rapid growth mold has a wool like texture and is mostly green and white. It grows in moist and consistently damp areas like HVAC systems, wood and textiles. Along with health symptoms associated with other mycotoxins, this mold also destroys the surfaces it inhabits, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – This mold is nearly always located in bathrooms and kitchens. It is one of the black molds and contributes to asthma and respiratory ailments.
Speak With Paul Davis for Reliable Mold Inspection
When you may suspect or know there is mold in your house call the professionals with Paul Davis. Our professional team will provide a detailed inspection as well as perform the remediation servicing necessary to eradicate dangerous mold from your residence. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.