Be on the Lookout for Water Damage
Water damage can be very difficult to detect by the untrained eye. Luckily for homeowners, the professionals from Paul Davis have a lot of experience in water damage. Our experienced professionals have repair water damage at every level of severity at extremely reasonable prices. If your property sustains unforeseen water damage, don’t hesitate to call Paul Davis. But to find water damage before it increases, homeowners should be able to detect water damage. There are preemptive actions you can take to prevent water damage in your house. The key to water damage restoration is prevention.
How Your Home Sustains Water Damage
How does water damage occur? When extra water collects in areas where it shouldn’t. Paul Davis is always ready to come to your house to assess water damage. However, it’s important to know the signs of water damage. If you can avoid water damage, you will live in your house for years to come. Water damage can happen from both outside elements and from inside your house. Despite how water damage can occur, it’s important to be vigilant. If you suspect that your home is experiencing water damage, look for the following:
- Frozen or leaking water pipes or lines
- Overflowing toilets, bathtubs or sinks
- Backed up sewage and septic tank lines
- Dishwashers or washing machines that overflowed
Water Damage Can Be Avoided
Don’t wait for water damage to happen– take action. Productive prevention is the key to avoiding pricey repairs and homeowner’s insurance claims. Consider the following to prevent water damage:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Contact Paul Davis Today
A seemingly innocent leaky faucet or washing machine can spiral into a bigger problem. While there are steps you can take to stop water damages, sometimes it’s too late. In that case, call Paul Davis 888-473-7769. Paul Davis has over 50 years of water damage repairs under out belt. Rely on us to take care of you.