Fire Damage Can Be Remediated
Unfortunately, fire can have extremely damaging effects on a house. However, many people don’t know about the other detrimental elements of a fire. Your home and possessions can be overwhelmed by the smell of smoke, while soot can seriously damage walls. Fires can be damaging to both to your home and your family.
Damages to your precious possessions can be devastating. That’s why our specialists in soot and smoke are here to help you restore your damaged possessions. When an emergency strikes, each of our franchises offers 24/7 emergency smoke repair services. Contact us immediately. We’ll be able to reduce costly fire and smoke damages to your home.
Fire Damage Can Be Cleaned Up
Your building can receive serious smoke or soot damage without a major fire breaking out. If you don’t act quickly, closed fireplace flues and smaller kitchen flare ups can cause discoloration and significant odors. Unless you address the problem immediately, the smell of smoke can seep into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few ways to quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop spreading smoke, shut off your HVAC system.
- Put large fans by open doors and windows to suck out the smokey air.
- Vacuum up soot and ash by holding the nozzle right above the soot- pressing down could create unwanted stains.
- Use a rag to clean hard surfaces.
- Use a dry sponge to wipe away soot from ceilings and walls and use a vinegary spray to get rid of stains.
- Clean any item in your home that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Deodorize carpets and window coverings. We suggest that you use odor counteractants.
The Fire Restoration Process from Paul Davis
Does your building have smoke damage? Let the professionals handle it. At Paul Davis, we offer all-encompassing smoke remediation services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Why You Should Trust Paul Davis
Has your building recently undergone fire damage? Reach out to Paul Davis. After we we’re done with our restorations services, you’ll have your home back sooner rather than later. Our experts are highly-trained in high-quality smoke remediation cleaning methods and using the proper equipment, meaning faster cleanup and lower smoke damage restoration costs. We want you to return to your normal life immediately. Call the smoke cleanup and smoke damage restoration technicians from Paul Davis at (414) 383-3131. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.