Indoor Mold Detection and Inspection Services
Whether you can see it or not, chances are there is mold on your property. Mold is something that occurs naturally, but the strain of mold that has spread in your house or property can determine the extent of the problem. Mold spores travel through the air, entering structures through any opening, such as windows, doors and HVAC systems. Spores can also be brought into a location on pets, clothing and shoes. It can be virtually impossible for you to prevent mold encountering your residence. It’s only as mold is growing in your home that you have cause for worry. Having an expert to speak with that can tell you the species of mold present is priceless. Add to that an expert who will develop the optimal way to treat it then execute the remediation process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional home and commercial emergency restorative services for all types of disasters, including mold.
Services for Indoor Mold Remediation and Abatement
When Paul Davis performs an investigation on your residential or commercial property for mold, you have a licensed professional who has a high level of experience in this field. Detecting and identifying mold is step one in what can be an arduous process. When it comes to dealing with mold safely, it is best working with a company that specializes in all aspects of the process. Paul Davis provides mold removal and remediation services in addition to basic mold testing. Mold causes damage to your home along with major health concerns to your family. Unlike most allergens, mold will adversely affect the health of any person regardless if they have allergies or not. Mold advances through the surfaces it resides in, meaning the longer it remains untreated in your residence, the worse its effects are. The professionals at Paul Davis can correctly identify the kinds of mold growing in your property and effectively handle treating it.
Kinds of Mold
There are 3 general strains of mold:
- Allergenic: These cause and produce allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: Molds that cause health issues in people that suffer with acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: These molds produce toxic microorganisms.
With the multitude of molds that can reside in properties, having an expert to diagnosis and investigate the extent of their spread is key to removing it. A professional with Paul Davis will aid with making your residence healthy and free from the most damaging molds.
Some common molds are:
- Penicillium – This mold most commonly feeds on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying textiles, carpets and fiberglass insulation. It will cause hay-fever type reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm environment mold that grows indoors and outdoors. It can be found in areas that are excessively damp with extensive water damage, as well as organic matter that is breaking down. Aspergillus can also found in dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – Alternaria is commonly found in soil, showers, window frames, carpets and textiles. This large spore mold takes traction in the mouth, nose and respiratory tract.
- Cladosporium – This is the most commonly identified outdoor fungus which enters homes. It spreads in porous, overtly moist surfaces such as textile and wood. The indoor and outdoor kinds trigger asthma attacks as well as induces hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – This particularly insidious mold that produces high levels of airborne toxins, luckily is the least common household mold. It needs excessive damp to grow, and causes breathing issues, flu-like symptoms, loss of hearing and memory, and bleeding lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold grown in areas of condensation such as humidifiers, drain pans, window sealants and cooling coils. It is a powdery mold that grows in a selection of colors like pink, white, grey or orange.
- Aureobasidium – This species of mold is often discovered growing behind wallpaper and painted wood surfaces. It starts out light brown or pink in color then deepens to dark brown-black the older it is. This highly responsive allergic mold is responsible for causing eye infections and skin rashes.
- Chaetomium – Chaetomium is found in residences after a flood or leaking and in chronically moist conditions. It carries a musty odor, cottony texture and changes colors from white to grey or brown as it ages. Chaetomium is known to produce mycotoxins that affect the immune system and cause skin and nail infections.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium grows in cold and warm areas and migrates quickly on fabric, upholstery, under floorboards and in carpets. It has an adverse reaction with wet tissues in eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Capable of thriving and spreading in colder temperatures, Fusarium is coral or pink in color and is commonly found in soft goods. A reddish variety is found in organic products like food and house plants, and both strains can move quickly through a home. Symptoms from this mold begin as a sore throat, runny eyes and skin infections and progresses to brain abscesses and bone infections.
- Trichoderma – Trichoderma is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. It’s a rapidly growing mold with a wool like texture that is mostly white and green. It thrives in moist and consistently damp areas like HVAC systems, wood and textiles. Along with health symptoms the same as other mycotoxins, this mold also destroys the surfaces it inhabits, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – This mold is nearly always found in kitchens and bathrooms. It is one of the black molds that contributes to asthma and respiratory illnesses.
Reach Out to Paul Davis for Reliable Mold Inspection
When you might suspect or know you have mold in your residence call the team with Paul Davis. Our professional team will provide a detailed inspection as well as execute the remediation servicing required to remove dangerous mold from your property. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.