How Can I Clean Up Fire Damage?
Unfortunately, fire can have extremely damaging effects on a building. However, there are many elements of fire, such as smoke and soot, that are just as detrimental. Your building materials and personal belongings can be overwhelmed by smoke odor and smoke soot can seriously damage walls that weren’t burned by flames. A fire can have deep-rooted and catastrophic both to your family and your home.
Damages to your cherished possessions can be devastating. That’s why as experts in smoke and soot damage, we’re here to help you restore your damaged possessions. Each Paul Davis franchise provides 24/7 emergency smoke remediation services. The sooner you contact us, the better- we’ll be able to lessen costly fire and smoke damages to your home.
Cleaning Up Fire Damage
Your home can undergo serious soot damage without a major fire. If you don’t act quickly, closed fireplace flues and smaller kitchen fires can cause discoloration and significant odors. Unless you address the problem immediately, smoke odor can seep into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few tips on how to move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop spreading smoke, turn off your AC.
- To push out smokey air, put large fans by open doors and windows.
- When vacuuming ash and soot, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing your vacuum down on the soot could create stains.
- Use a rag to clean hard surfaces.
- Use a dry sponge to wipe away soot from ceilings and walls, while using a vinegary spray to wipe away stains.
- Clean every household item that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize window coverings and carpets.
The Smoke Restoration Process
Does your home have smoke damage? Let the experts handle it. Paul Davis offers a variety of fire repair services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
You Can Rely on Paul Davis
If your home has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to the experts from Paul Davis. You can get your home back after we finish our fire remediation services. Our experts are highly-trained in effective smoke remediation cleaning services and using the proper equipment. We guarantee that you’ll receive quicker cleanup and cheaper smoke damage restoration expenses. Our goal is to have you return to your normal life as soon as possible. Reach out the smoke repair services and smoke cleanup experts from Paul Davis at 888-473-7669. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.